Wednesday, November 18, 2009

People Can Be Gems, Too

     If you haven't figured it out by now, I'm going to go ahead and tell you. Yes, I do love those sparkly little beauties; but I'm not just talking about the actual stones, when I am talking about diamonds. I am also talking about my personal journey, to become one. No, I do not have some secret wish to become a rock deeply burried beneath the earth's surface. (Though sometimes I wish I lived there.) I'm saying, that I am a child of the most high King, and to Him, I am a treasure.
     I am just figuring this out. I never thought I could really be anything other than plain white trash. Just this year, at a women's conference in Waxahachie, I learned just how much I meant to Him. I truly am a treasure. He thinks a lot of me. (No, I'm not being snobby or self-righteous. He feels the same way about YOU!) I want to be a beauty to Him. I already am. When God the Father looks at me through the cross, he sees beauty. A true gem! And, well, I don't want to be just any gem. I want to be pretty and sparkly just like the ones on that rich lady's hand!
     And so I shall!
     Come with me on my journey to a polished perfection. Oh, and just in case you didn't know, I will never reach a state of perfection while here on this earth. It is only a goal, that I can strive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as a sparkly jewel, though I'm not quite perfect. In fact, I'm far from it. I think becoming a dazzling gem is a life-long journey. I'm a daughter, a sister, a mother, a wife, a BFF, friend, and individual. I have scars from deep wounds and and hopes and dreams to carry me past them. I'm just me.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones