Tuesday, November 17, 2009

How are Diamonds (the actual stones) Made?

     According to Gemsutra.com, diamonds come from the very bosom of the earth. It takes millions of years to make a diamond. Millions of years, are you kidding me!? Why on earth does it take sooo long to make something so beautiful? If the earth has so many precious little beauties to give us, then why even after they are formed, does it take thousands of years for them to come to the surface? If nature can produce such  beautiful fruits, I would be inclined to think that it would be more willing to share them.
     The word diamond comes from the Greek word "Adamas," which means indestructible. I like that.
I like it a lot.
     Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as a sparkly jewel, though I'm not quite perfect. In fact, I'm far from it. I think becoming a dazzling gem is a life-long journey. I'm a daughter, a sister, a mother, a wife, a BFF, friend, and individual. I have scars from deep wounds and and hopes and dreams to carry me past them. I'm just me.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones