Saturday, November 21, 2009

Not Feeling Very Pretty

Well I'm sick again, so I'm not feeling so pretty. My favorite little gems are always pretty, right? So sparkly and twinkly; they make me absolutely googoo. However, they didn't start out that way; remember? Deep in the earth, dirty, etc ...
Well, I haven't washed my hair in two days but I wouldn't say I was dirty. I just don't feel like sparkling. I just want to snuggle up on the couch with my blanket and laptop. Perhaps a little hot apple cider to warm the throat, mmm. Well, diamonds need TLC, too.  The journey to becoming the dazzling paragon of my dreams will involve lots of chipping away of rough and pointy edges. It will involve the breaking off of unnecessary chunks of who knows what all? Sounds like it might hurt a little. So uh, I think I'll just enjoy my day off from the jewelers work bench.
Apple cider, I hear you calling my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I like to think of myself as a sparkly jewel, though I'm not quite perfect. In fact, I'm far from it. I think becoming a dazzling gem is a life-long journey. I'm a daughter, a sister, a mother, a wife, a BFF, friend, and individual. I have scars from deep wounds and and hopes and dreams to carry me past them. I'm just me.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones